Thursday, November 5, 2009

Bravo for Housewives!

It started out so innocently.  I watched a few episodes of The Real Life Housewives of Orange County because I just couldn't look away once I'd glimpsed it.  After a few episodes, I was hooked.  I liked all the Housewives, even if I thought their drama was silly and their lives were over the top.  As the seasons  progressed and the cast evolved, I just kept on watching. 

You know how it goes, once you start one thing, you find yourself branching out into other facets of the same behavior.  Like when you over eat at a holiday party and then pretty soon you are sitting on the couch every night with a bowl of ice cream.  Well, maybe it's not exactly like that.  Anyway, I watched the Housewives of New York ( LOVE Jill Zarin and Bethenny Frankel!  I'm totally sure they'd want to be my friend if only they could just meet me!).  To me, the NYC Housewives seem more down to earth and less materialistic.  I suppose they are still wealthy and have whatever they decide they want, but it just didn't seem to have the same sense of entitlement that the OC Housewives have. 

From NYC I evolved to New Jersey but didn't have as much time to watch.  I didn't feel as drawn in by them, though I really love Caroline Manzo and her great mix of fun and 'mess with me and I"ll rip your heart out'.  I want to be her friend too.

When the Atlanta Housewives appeared I had to watch.  How could I not?!  With all the wig snatching and being tardy for the party, this group of housewives was CRAZY!  Nene (my personal fave) is bigger than life and her one liners are killer...boo!

Which leads me to (drum roll please) the season premiere of The Real Life Housewives of Orange County!  I cannot wait!  My kids will be in bed and I can settle down and enjoy my guilty pleasure. 

Bravo!! Bring on the Housewives!

No comments: