Friday, November 6, 2009

Shredding the Mountain

No, I'm not snowboarding, I'm actually shredding the mountain of business paperwork that I've been saving. 

We started scanning in our documents this year but I've been too afraid to actually shred them just in case there was something I still needed!  Sure, maybe I have trust issues, so what?  The person I don't trust is ME.  I'm not at all confident that I've scanned in everything I will need proof of someday if I ever get audited by the IRS. Sure, I set up a system whereby I only put scanned documents into the box labled 'To Be Scanned'.  Sure, I've double and triple checked to see if various documents from various months are really on my computer.  But I am still scared to shred.

Since we are putting our house on the market soon, I must get my office in order.  Nobody is going to see the excellence of my bonus space if it is overtaken by unscanned documents, now are they?  And so today, knees knocking and heart palpitating, I sat down and started shredding.  I didn't even look at the papers; I just fed them into the shredder.

So far I have four full bags and I'm not even half through the box.  I'm taking a break now because I've overheated the shredder...for the second time.

Now that I'm feeling so bold, I might even get ride of some of those purses I've been hanging on to 'just in case' I might need it again.  On second thought, nah.

No comments: